Cryptocurrencies have lately been on fire. Bitcoin is up a staggering 617% this year alone. Other sector leaders like Ethereum and Ripple have put on strong performances too, up more than 2,900% and 1,000% respectively in 2017. The market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies has just recently topped the $200 billion mark. Unsurprisingly, traders are making money from the strong volatility and powerful trends of cryptocurrencies. CFDs allow to leverage profits on the large movements of cryptocurrencies, both on the long and short side, in full flexibility.
IQ Option stands as a global leader in cryptocurrency trading. The award-winning IQ Option interface has been repeatedly recognised as a user-friendly, intuitive and sophisticated platform for beginner and advanced traders alike. Moreover, IQ Option offers the widest range of trading indicators and instruments to help you trade, analyse and manage your cryptocurrency investments to get the best results.
How to Buy & Sell cryptocurrencies
You can trade on crypto CFDs to buy or sell crypto currencies through IQ Option platform. When you do this you simply aim to profit from the upwards or downwards movement of the instrument, usually with a long-term point of view. The advantages of this choice is that there is no leverage, so the profits on your account will correspond exactly to the changes in value of the crypto currency or cryptocurrencies you have invested in. Also, you will be able to manage your risks better without the use of leverage.
How to trade Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
- Choose what cryptocurrency you want to buy/sell by clicking the “Open new asset” button (the “+” at the top of the screen) in your trade room.
- Choose the the dollar value of cryptocurrency you want to buy/sell from the “Amount” window on the right of the screen.
- Click the Buy (green button) or Sell (red button) on the right of the screen to enter your position:
You can then monitor it in real-time, entering take profit/stop loss orders depending on your trading strategy and preferences. IQ Option currently offers a very wide range of crypto currencies you can buy, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Dash, Ripple and 8 others. We plan to add many more in the near future to diversify your portfolio and offer more opportunities in this sector.
Deposit money to your IQ Option account:
- Click the “Deposit” button at the top-right corner of the screen;
- Choose the desired payment method:
- Note that you can replenish your account using not only fiat currencies but also Bitcoins.
- Do not forget to check the 3D-Secure box in case you want to withdraw cryptocurrencies later on.
In order to withdraw money from your IQ Option account simply do the following:
- Click on the top right dropdown menu and choose “Withdraw Funds”:
- You will then reach a page where you can select how to withdraw your funds, including credit card, debit card and wire transfer to your account.
How to Withdraw Bitcoin
You can now withdraw Bitcoin directly from the IQ Option platform (in case you have activated 3D-Secure when charging your account). The process is very straightforward.
- Buy Bitcoin through the Cryptocurrency option of the IQ Option trading platform:
- Open your portfolio on the left panel of your trade room and locate the Bitcoin open position. Click on it to see the details of the trade:
- Choose the withdrawal icon at the bottom of the details list and click on it:
- Now enter your Bitcoin wallet address and place a withdrawal request.
Once your withdrawal has been approved, you will receive the Bitcoin position you held directly in your wallet, according to the Bitcoin exchange rate at the time of the order placement.
For any questions on trading cryptocurrencies, OTN tokens and Bitcoin withdrawals please contact the IQ Option team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us by phone 24/7. We look forward to helping you get the most out of IQ Option!Trade here
NOTE: This article is not an investment advice. Any references to historical price movements or levels is informational and based on external analysis and we do not warranty that any such movements or levels are likely to reoccur in the future
GENERAL RISK WARNING
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
76% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.